Upgrading your home’s plumbing is a great way to improve the quality of life inside your house. Maybe you’d like to maintain hot water for longer periods of time, or maybe you want to fix those leaky pipes in the basement. The proper plumbing can also save you money on your heating and cooling bills. We have provided our users with articles filled with information covering all the major areas of your home’s plumbing. This post we talk about use an insulation blanket to make a water heater more energy-efficient in make hot water.
Water heaters have needs too! A simple and inexpensive maintenance . This program can lengthen the life of your water heater and practically eliminate the need to replace it. Below are some tips to help get the most from your water heater.
Use an insulation blanket to make a water heater more energy-efficient.
- Regularly clean your water heater. This means cleaning all the major components of the water heater; the enclosure, the water tank assembly, and the burner and control assembly.
- Inspect the condition of the anode rod in order to prevent leaks from developing. If it is worn down you will need to replace it. You can get a new from a plumbing supply company.
- The burner assembly should be cleaned at least once a year, but more frequent care is better. Simply brush away cobwebs, dust and remove other debris that builds up.
- Flush the tank regularly to remove built up sediment.
- Frequently check your water heater for leaks. It’s important to check the pipe connections, the valves and underneath the unit.
- Test the temperature/pressure relief valve once a year to make sure it’s working.
- Protect the floor under the water heater from water damage by painting the area with a water sealant. Also, you can install a specially designed drip pan under the boiler to catch extra water. These pans are available at most building supply stores for about $10. Keep in mind, the pan you select must have a drain out the bottom.
Looking For More Information On Plumbing?
Plumbing is a great way to improve the quality of life in your home. You’ll want to make sure you are choosing the right plumber for your home and your budget.